The Early Bird Catches the Best Savings!
Create new memories in 2024! Sign up for your Early Bird discount and enjoy the biggest savings and unbeatable prices. Explore new horizons at at one of our new locations (Canada, Ireland, and Norway) or take the time to discover your own home and start your adventure from a local location.
Rent an RV in Vienna
Discover the romantic city of Austria, from imperial architecture at the Hofburg and Schönbrunn palaces to hiking in the Bienna Mountains and the Wachau Valley, when you rent a camper van or Class B RV in Vienna. Go to a classical concert at a cathedral, fuel your exploration with apple strudel and sachertorte at one of Vienna’s coffee shops, or eat your way around the 120 stalls at the Naschmarkt. There’s also no shortage of green space in Vienna. There are vineyards within the city limits that welcome visitors, or head to the Danube Island for a waterpark, hiking and running trails, and beaches perfect for swimming and picnics. Austria is an incredible country to explore, so why not rent a camper van in Vienna as a perfect place to start your road trip?
Where can I pick up my RV rental in Vienna?
There are two roadsurfer rental stations in Vienna, both of which are easy journeys from either the airport or the central train station thanks to Vienna’s excellent public transit system. You will find the station address and detailed directions to both below.
Getting to the station
From Vienna Airport (VIE): From the airport, board the REX7 regional train or S7 (S-Bahn) suburban train toward “Floridsdorf” to “Praterstern”. Change to the U1 (U-Bahn) subway line toward “Leopoldau”. From here, follow the instructions below.
From Vienna Central Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof): From the station, board the U1 (U-Bahn) subway line to “Aderklaaerstraße”. From here, it’s a 15-minute walk to the roadsurfer station. Alternatively, you can exit the train one stop earlier at “Rennbahnweg” and transfer to bus 25A toward “Süßenbrunner Platz”. From here, it’s a 5-minute walk to the roadsurfer station.
Parking is restricted within the 22nd district to short-stay parking only.
We recommend the paid parking ‘Park + Ride’ at “Aderklaaerstraße” near the subway station (3.60€ /day, 18.30€ /week, 67.90€ /month).
Explore Vienna RV Rentals
Your roadsurfer Benefits
Brand new, fully equipped camper vans & RVs
Unlimited mileage & free 2nd driver
Rebook or cancel with the Flex option up to 48 hours before departure
Camping equipment & kitchen utensils included
Rent a roadsurfer Camper Van or RV in Vienna
Rent a camper van or Class B RV in Vienna and discover a city where you can climb a cathedral tower and tour a vineyard, all in one day. Read on for our insider information for the smoothest start to your holiday, from where to pick up groceries and fill up with fresh water for your journey, and where to find gas on your way back.
Camper vans & RVs with ready-to-go camping gear
When you rent a camper van or Class B RV in Vienna, you’ll find your camper stocked with everything you need to be comfortable on your camping vacation. Each vehicle comes with a kitchen box that contains plates, cutlery, and coffee-making essentials, as well as cooking pans and utensils ready to whip up a delicious meal in the comfort of your home on wheels. Your roadsurfer rental also comes with two camping chairs (extras can be reserved ahead of time), a camping table, and an awning that will shade you from the sun, extending your living space into the great outdoors. Comforters are not provided, but can still be rented when you book your camper van rental. See the full details in our equipment list.
Best time of year to visit Vienna
April and May as well as September and October are the best months to rent a camper van or Class B RV and explore Vienna. The weather is better than in the cheaper winter months, and there are fewer crowds and lower prices than in the summer high season. From January to May, cozy up against any bad weather in a coffee shop and enjoy being able to enter museums and restaurants without waiting in line. If you don’t mind sharing the city with others, the summer heat between June and August makes the city come alive. Spend sunny afternoons in the parks, at the lake, or touring vineyards, and then enjoy the warm evening filled with film festivals and outdoor concerts. September and October bring Vienna’s version of Oktoberfest as well as Vienna Design Week. December is the exception to the cheap winter prices when people flock to the city for the outstanding Christmas markets.
Filling and emptying water tanks in Vienna
When you rent a camper van or Class B RV in Vienna, you’ll find that fresh water is easily accessible – look out for the green water pumps. You’ll also need to empty your gray wastewater at the end of your trip before returning your camper van rental. This can usually be done at your final campground, but we’ve found some spots near our roadsurfer stations if that’s not possible.
To fill up with freshwater:
- Spiel- und Skateplatz (playground), Süßenbrunn, 2201 Wien
- Alte Donau park, An der Oberen Alten Donau 121, 1210 Wien
- Turmol petrol station, Altmannsdorfer Str. 150, 1230 Wien
- Raststation Guntramsdorf, Oldtimerweg 1, 2353 Guntramsdorf – the water tap is at the truck stop just south of the hotel and restaurant building
Wastewater disposal around Vienna:
- Park & Ride Kritzendorf, Bahnhofpl. 9, 3420 Klosterneuburg
- Raststation Guntramsdorf, Oldtimerweg 1, 2353 Guntramsdorf
Gas stations near our Vienna station
Before you return your roadsurfer camper van, you can refill with diesel and AdBlue at one of these convenient gas stations near our location here:
- Shell, Wagramer Str. 203, 1210 Wien
- Socar, Altmannsdorfer Str. 200A, 1230 Wien
Please note: The AdBlue service station information provided is for guidance only and is provided without warranty of any kind; customers are advised to check the information for accuracy on their own responsibility, as roadsurfer assumes no liability for the accuracy or timeliness of the information.
Parking near our Vienna station
When you rent a camper van or Class B RV in Vienna, you’ll find that the great public transit system means you can park at your closest station and travel into Vienna with ease. However, if you do need to park in the city, here are some options:
- Kettenbrückengasse metro station, 1050 Wien
- Rustenschacherallee 26-40, 1020 Wien
- Alte Donau park, An der Oberen Alten Donau 121, 1210 Wien
Last-minute essentials in Vienna
Whether you need food, clothes, gear, or a pharmacy, here are our recommendations for places to stock up on supplies when you pick up your camper van or Class B RV rental in Vienna. Hofer is the Austrian name for Aldi, and Decathlon is our pick for hiking and outdoor clothing and gear.
- Hofer supermarket, Niederm. Str./Dassanow, 4A, 1220 Wien – 1 minute drive
- Hofer supermarket, Breitenleer Str. 106, 1220 Wien – 6-minute drive
- Hofer supermarket, Rennbahnweg 38A, 1220 Wien – 6-minute drive
- IKEA, Gewerbepark, Sverigestraße 1A, 1220 Wien – 6-minute drive
- Gewerbepark Stadlau shopping centre, Gewerbepark Stadlau, Gewerbeparkstraße 2, 1220 Wien (TK Maxx, Decathlon, C&A clothing shop) – 7-minute drive
- St George Pharmacy, Kagraner Pl. 1, 1220 Wien – 10-minute drive
- BILLA supermarket, Perfektastraße 106, 1230 Wien – 2-minute drive
- BILLA Plus supermarket, Speisinger Str. 135, 1230 Wien – 12-minute drive
- Hofer supermarket, Brunner Str. 71, 1230 Wien – 2-minute drive
- Westfield Shopping City Süd, Vösendorfer Südring, 2334 Vösendorf (Decathlon, clothing shops, and IKEA) – 10-minute drive
- Pharmacy Mariahilf Liesing, Perchtoldsdorfer Str. 5, 1230 Wien – 5-minute drive
Coffee shops near our Vienna station
If you need to grab a drink and a bite to eat before hitting the road when you rent a camper van or Class B RV in Vienna, here are some tasty spots located near our roadsurfer stations.
- Pascucci, Seyringer Str. 1, 1210 Wien, Austria – 4-minute drive
- Leopoldauer Alm, Wagramer Str. 205, 1210 Wien, Austria – 2-minute drive
- Tauber Café Citygate, Wagramer Str. 195, 1210 Wien, Austria – 4-minute drive
- There is a Starbucks in the Westfield Shopping City Süd – 10-minute drive
- Café Melange, Ketzergasse 30, 1230 Wien, Austria – 4-minute drive
Campgrounds near Vienna
There are many amazing locations to stay at when you rent a camper van or Class B RV in Vienna. Park in organic farms, vineyards, and lakes with hiking trails, cycle paths, and local history to explore, surrounded by nature and all within easy driving distance of Vienna. Check out roadsurfer spots for all of our favorite camping places in Vienna and Austria, and book a unique camping experience for your road trip.