Hire a camper in Vienna
Summer in Vienna is an absolute camper’s paradise but also in spring or autumn “the centre of Europe” with its magnificent buildings, monuments and parks attracts its guests. The Danube metropolis knows how to tell a story at every corner and refreshes with lively and liveable charm at the same time. You want an exciting mixture of culture, enjoyment and nature? Then rent your camper in Vienna and start a roadtrip packed with highlights!
Hire a camper in Vienna
Using public transportation to our roadsurfer station
From the main station: Walk to Südtiroler Platz (approx. 8 minutes) → continue with U1 Wien Leopoldau (approx. 20 minutes) to Aderklaaer Straße → walk to roadsurfer (approx. 16 minutes, entrance via Lichblaustraße)
Parking in Vienna
You can park on both sides of Lichtblaustraße, outside the station area. As this is an industrial area, there is no short-stay parking zone here.
Rent a campervan from Vienna
In the mood for a roadtrip? Roadsurfer has many different camper models to suit you and your needs. These models are available in Vienna:
Your roadsurfer advantages
2nd driver included
Free rebooking and cancellation up to 48h before the trip
Road assistance and comprehensive insurance
Rent a camper and be enchanted by Vienna
Before you jump into your camper and conquer the surrounding area of Vienna from there, you should definitely pay an extensive visit to the city itself. In the capital of our alpine neighbour you can see in every corner that it has grown over centuries. Especially lovers of history and culture will fall in love with Vienna!
Here is a small overview of which highlights should definitely be on your note:
- The historical centre of Vienna: The historic old town of Vienna is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. On more than 8 square kilometres you will find palaces, castles, cathedrals, but also a lot of coffee houses and top restaurants.
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral: St. Stephen’s Cathedral is the symbol of the city! From the outside as well as from the inside (catacomb tour!) breathtaking and eerily beautiful!
- Castle tour in the baroque castles Schönbrunn or Belvedere: Walk in the footsteps of Maria Theresa and Franz Ferdinand in one of the largest and most magnificent palaces in Europe! Tip: Schönbrunn Zoo (the oldest zoo in the world) is an absolute highlight, especially with children.
- Fun on the Wurstelprater: The historical amusement park “Wurstelprater” attracts visitors with its famous Ferris wheel, roller coasters, bumper cars and much, much more!
- Gourmet paradise Naschmarkt: The 120 or so stands offer the complete range of culinary delights – from local products to exotic delicacies from all over the world
- Sachertorte with coffee: This typical delicacy from Vienna is best tried directly at the Sacher Coffee House!
Your road trip with the camper from Vienna could look like this
Vienna is different, says the vernacular. And just like the city, the surrounding countryside is also worth an extensive trip with your camper. In just a short distance you can visit four countries – the Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany and Austria – choose between mountains and lakes, travel along the majestic Danube or trace the history of castles, palaces and wine towns. We will give you a few tips for perfect road trip destinations with your camper.
- Along the Danube: From Mautern via Dürnstein to Melk – a wonderful route by camper or bike!
- Wine hiking tours: Hike along the vines. Good starting points are Wotrubakirche or the Rauchkogel cultural landscape.
- Burgenwelt in the Wiener Land: Two of the most impressive castles are Seebenstein Castle with the Turkish overthrow and Kreuzenstein Castle.
- Hiking in the world of the hunchback: The “Bucklige Welt”, also called the “Land of a Thousand Hills”, offers you a thousand hiking trails.
- Climbing paradise Hohe Wand and Rax: Experience adrenalin in the climbing and hiking paradises or with the monster scooter on Mount Semmering (ideal for kids!)
- Lake Neusiedl: Take a camper to go sailing or bird-watching on the huge Lake Neusiedl, only 75 kilometres away on the Hungarian border.
- City hopping: Rent your camper in Vienna and travel around the “Vierländereck”. Visit cities like Bratislava (65 km), Brno (148 km), Graz (200 km) or Budapest (240 km).
Rent a camper van in Vienna now and discover the exciting “Vierländereck”!