The Early Bird Catches the Best Savings!
Create new memories in 2024! Sign up for your Early Bird discount and enjoy the biggest savings and unbeatable prices. Explore new horizons at at one of our new locations (Canada, Ireland, and Norway) or take the time to discover your own home and start your adventure from a local location.
Rent the Class B RV with a Bathroom and a Large Kitchen
Quadratic, practical, and great – this is how we best describe our Road House. With a length of 18 feet, it is ideal for four people and it offers the amenities of a real motorhome with the freedom of a smaller class B! Enjoy maximum freedom on the road because you have everything you need for a relaxed trip with the Road House, even without the services of a campground.
Everyone knows that what really matters is on the inside! Please note that these are example pictures and videos. However the layout is the same. Minor differences may occur in our Road Houses due to the multiple established manufacturers. The brands working on the Road House include Westfalia, Bürstner, Knaus, Hymer and Weinsberg. You cannot choose the brand – but we assure you they are all amazing!
Why Rent the Road House Camper?
The Road House is a true space-wonder with plenty of space for four people, as both front seats can be rotated to ensure that everyone can be comfortable inside. There are 4 sleeping spaces in total without needing conversion! It is ideal for those days when you just want to lay down and rest after a long day of exploring. The pop-up roof includes a lying surface and can be easily opened. There is also a fixed bed at the bottom with plenty of storage room underneath. You can be independent on the road thanks to the bathroom and kitchen. All Road Houses have a toilet, shower, sink, a connection for warm water, a kitchen with two gas cookers, a fridge, and a sink.
Big living room and 4 sleeping spaces without conversion
Large kitchen interior and a living/dining room
Bathroom with a warm water shower and a toilet
Head space to stand up inside the RV
Extra big storage space in the rear and more compartments inside
Your Road House Equipment & Features
Technical information, driving and parking
140 hp diesel engine
Length 5.41 m | Width 2.7 m (with outside mirror) | Height 2.80 m
Always specify the length of 20 feet in case you book a ferry
Rear parking sensors with camera
Integrated navigation system
Bluetooth, USB, Radio
Attention: Only 1 child seat possible in the back seat bench
RV leveling blocks
For adjusting the campervan on uneven terrain
Safety vests, warning triangle, first aid kit, spare tire,
Optional bookable equipment
optional bookable equipment
Rear door bike rack for 2 bikes with a warning sign for Italy/Spain
$6 per night
1 additional camping chair
one-time payment of $12.50 per booking
Additional camping table
one-time payment of $20 per booking
Car Seat for Children (1-3 & 4-12 year olds)
one-time payment of $ 35.00 per booking
Bed linen 1 person (pillow, sheet, blanket)
one-time payment of $ 29.00 per booking
On the road with the Road House?
If you’re currently travelling with the Travel Home and need assistance, you can find helpful practical tips and video guides on operating your Class B RV here.
You will receive a link to your customer account together with your booking confirmation. There, you can view details of your booking, such as the vehicle model, pick-up and drop-off times, and more. Additionally, you can directly adjust the following topics and more:
- Adjust your pick-up and drop-off time
- Retrieve/download your booking confirmation
- Edit or cancel your booking
- Edit and change your driver data
- Change or upgrade your Carefree Package
- Add equipment (bedding, bike rack, camping toilet, etc.)
- View your payments and pay directly
- Check the status of your deposit
- Submit invoices for reimbursement (must be submitted within 7 days after your return)
- View mobility service provider number
- To view the Camper Tutorials, access your customer account and click on the top right-hand corner
If you experience a breakdown on the road that hinders your ability to continue driving, you can contact the 24/7 mobility service provider for assistance. Here’s what you need to do:
- In your customer account, you can locate the telephone number of the mobility service provider responsible for your vehicle. You will find your personal link to the customer account in the email containing your booking confirmation or rental contract. Please note that the mobility service provider can assist you in German or English and only regarding issues related to the vehicle’s driving restrictions. For inquiries about camping functions, refer to the Help Center as the mobility service provider cannot provide assistance in this area.
- I is important to document the breakdown as thoroughly as possible. Take photos or videos of the situation, including any visible damage or relevant surroundings. Make sure to note down the incident number provided by the mobility service provider. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the documentation related to your breakdown and include the incident number.
Have you had an accident or suffered damage on the road, but your camper is running perfectly? Then please proceed as follows:
- Take photos of the damage and the surroundings and send an e-mail with a damage report to email@example.com .
- In case of an accident, please also fill out the international accident report (in the glove compartment) and send it to the email address above.
- If you are involved in an accident, it is mandatory to inform the police at the scene. Failure to do so may result in insurance coverage issues.
Our Carefree Packages cover you in the event of an accident or damage. With the “Basic” package, you already have basic coverage with comprehensive and breakdown insurance included. By upgrading to an “Advanced” or “Complete” package, you can insure yourself against additional types of damage and at the same time reduce your deductible, i.e. the costs you have to pay yourself in the event of damage.
Further details on prices and benefits can be found on our Prices page.
Our station locations can vary significantly. Some are centrally located, while others are a bit more on the outskirts. Please check the detail pages of our stations to see the specific location of the station where you have booked your camper. Additionally, you will find tips on how to get there and information about on-site parking options on the individual station pages.
Unfortunately, our locations do not offer secure parking facilities, and parking spaces are often limited or unavailable. However, there might be potential to find parking in nearby residential or commercial areas. For the best option, leave the car at home and use public transportation, or take a taxi to our station is recommended.
The following basic camping gear is included in your rental for free:
- Navigation system
- Air conditioning
- Stationary heater
- 1 outdoor camping table
- 2 outdoor camping chairs
- Kitchen Box (with the most essential utensils: camping pots and pans, coffee maker, coffee mugs, glasses, plates, silverware for 4 people, as well as plastic children’s dishes, kitchen knives, salad bowl, paring knife, and a collapsible washbasin)
- 1 brush
- Levelling wedges
- Cable for recharging your camping battery
The individual model features and all extras can be found in the comparison chart of all roadsurfer models. Please note that our vehicles do not have internet or WiFi.
Would you like any extra equipment?
You can rent a variety of camping gear from roadsurfer. We offer various camping equipment, ranging from roof racks and bike carriers to portable toilets. Just take a look at our equipment page, where we have listed all the extras available for rent.
When collecting your vehicle, please make sure to bring the following documents:
- Identity card or passport of all drivers
- Driving license of all drivers
- VISA or Mastercard (credit or debit) for the deposit. Please make sure the card has sufficient funds available, and remember to the PIN. If necessary, payment can also be made by EC card at German stations.
For customers with a UK registration, a driver license check is mandatory during the pick-up process at our UK stations. This is necessary to ensure full coverage by our insurance package.
Please note: If you have more than 6 points on your driving license and/or specific past driving convictions, you will not be eligible to drive our vehicles.
For this purpose, if you are renting in the UK you will need to provide the following:
- Driving license number
- Address information (as displayed on Driver’s license)
- National Insurance ID
- You can enter the required information on the website GOV.UK in advance and generate a check code and show it at the time of pick-up at the station.
If you have a driver’s license from another European country and are picking up our vehicles at any UK station, you are not required to undergo the driver license check.
To rent a camper van in the UK, you must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license for at least one year.