The Early Bird Catches the Best Savings!
Make lifetime memories in 2024! Register now for your Early Bird discount and enjoy the biggest savings and unbeatable prices. Explore new horizons at at one of our new locations or discover the wonders right at home.
Hire a campervan in London
When you hire a campervan in London every adventure in England and Wales becomes a possibility. From the beaches of the south coast, through the rolling hills of the countryside to the mountains of Wales and the north of England, immerse yourself in millennia of history, explore buzzing cities, and marvel in the quiet beauty of the landscape. With its great travel links to the rest of the UK and Europe, London is the ideal place to start your dream road trip with your campervan rental.
Pick up your campervan rental in London here
The roadsurfer London campervan rental station is conveniently located right next to Heathrow airport for anyone arriving by international flight. It’s a five-minute walk from Hatton Cross tube station which is on the Piccadilly line and connects with central London, and is close to the M25, M3, and M4 if you’re coming from somewhere in the UK. This proximity to three major motorways also puts you in the perfect place to head off to any part of the UK for the adventure of a lifetime.
Dick Turpin Way
Feltham TW14 0PS
Getting to the station
From Heathrow Airport (LHR) T2 & T3: From Terminal T2 & T3, take the Piccadilly Line subway to Hatton Cross station. From here, it’s a 5-minute walk to the roadsurfer station.
From Heathrow Airport (LHR) T4: From Terminal T4, take bus 490 bus in the direction of “Richmond” to “Great South West Road Hatton (Stop H)”. From here, it’s a 3-minute walk to the roadsurfer station.
From Heathrow Airport (LHR) T5: From Terminal T5, take the Piccadilly Line subway to “Hatton Cross”. From here, it’s a 5-minute walk to the roadsurfer station.
From King’s Cross St Pancras Train Station: From the station, take the Piccadilly Line subway to “Hatton Cross”. From here, it’s a 5-minute walk to the roadsurfer station.
From London Paddington Train Station: From the station, take the “Circle / Hammersmith & City” subway line to “Hammersmith”. Change to the Piccadilly subway line to “Hatton Cross”. From here, it’s a 5-minute walk to the roadsurfer station.
Long-term parking only available and recommended at the airport (which is close to our station). No on site parking is available. Please be aware that parking in the area surrounding the roadsurfer station is not recommended.
roadsurfer motorhome & campervan fleet in London
Ready to hit the road and discover the UK? With a range of motorhome and campervan hires on offer there’s something for every trip. Navigate narrow lanes in our compact Surfer Suite, get the kids hooked on camping in the Family Finca, or book a luxury treat for two in the Couple Cottage. All campervans are pet-friendly and have reversing cameras to make van driving that little bit easier.
*Please note that our UK roadsurfers are right-hand drive.
Your roadsurfer advantages
Free 2nd driver included
Rebook or cancel with the Flex option up to 48 hours before departure
Free camping equipment and kitchen utensils included
Motorhome and campervan hire with roadsurfer in London
If this is your first time hiring a campervan in London, welcome! When you hire a motorhome in London from our roadsurfer station you’re in the ideal place for exploring the whole of the UK. Here are some tips for getting started on your road trip including where to fill up on water, buy last minute essentials, and where to fill up with petrol before you return your roadsurfer.
Campervans with ready-to-go camping equipment
When you hire a campervan in London you can be on the road right away, trusting that your roadsurfer home on wheels is fully stocked. Your campervan comes with an awning, camping table and two chairs to enjoy the space outside of your vehicle. The kitchen box allows you to save money on eating out: you’ve got all the pots, pans, and utensils to cook up your own meals. There’s even a corkscrew and bottle opener, and a cafetière plus mugs for your morning coffee or tea, although you’ll want to bring dish towels, sponges, and eco-friendly dish soap. When you rent a small motorhome from London you will need to bring your own bedding, or you can hire what you need from the station. The full details can be found in the equipment list on our website.
Best time to hire a campervan in London
London is in the southeast of England which is one of the warmest parts of the country. As with the whole of the UK, the warmest months of June-August are the busiest, but the most likely to bring sunshine and hot weather, perfect for touring the coastline and enjoying the beach. Summer is also a great time for festivals!
April, May, September and October bring more rain, but if you’re not afraid of a few showers then you’ll find everywhere is less busy, and you’ll experience the vivid colours of nature as everything blooms and then dies off.
Filling and emptying water tanks in London
When you rent a motorhome in London you’ll need to fill up on fresh water and then empty your waste water at the end of your trip. Unlike America and continental Europe there are not many places to do this other than campsites, so the best option is to start and finish your adventure with a stay at a campsite that has these facilities. Some campsites allow you to use their facilities for a small fee if not staying there. This map when filtered for ‘Aires with disposal services’ shows available waste disposal sites – you can see how rare they are in the UK, so a campsite with these facilities is ideal.
Petrol stations near our London location
When you hire campervan in London you’ll need to return it with a full tank of diesel and refill the AdBlue. The BP petrol station on Great South-West road is the nearest to us where you can do both:
- BP – Great South-West Rd, Feltham TW14 0PR
Please note: The AdBlue service station information provided is for guidance only and is provided without warranty of any kind; customers are advised to check the information for accuracy on their own responsibility, as roadsurfer assumes no liability for the accuracy or timeliness of the information.
Parking in London
Parking in central London isn’t always easy with a campervan, and you’ll need to be aware of the Congestion Charge zone, making sure to pay online if you enter it during charge times. The best options are to park and use public transport to access the city centre.
- Drive 30 minutes to Richmond and park in the Old Deer carpark in Richmond (Park Ln, Richmond TW9 2RA). It costs £15.25 per day and is a 3-minute walk from Richmond station.
- You can park for free in Richmond Park, although make sure to check the current closing time to ensure you don’t get stuck. Park in the car park closest to the Roehampton Gate entrance and take bus number 430 from the Danebury Avenue/Minstead Gardens stop to Putney Station for a train into central London.
- Drive 40 minutes to Ealing Common and park for £3 per day on Warwick Road. From here it’s a 10-minute walk to Ealing Broadway station for trains into central London.
- Parking close to the roadsurfer London station is limited, especially for campervans. If you don’t want to drive into London and use one of the above parking options, it may be easier to visit London before you pick up your campervan. Alternatively, drive 10 minutes to the Hounslow West underground station car park and take the train from there.
Food shopping and last minute essentials near our London location
When you rent a roadsurfer campervan in London you should find everything you need included, but for any last-minute essentials as well as food there are a number of supermarkets not far from the roadsurfer station. Tesco and Asda also supply clothes, bedding, homewares and toiletries. If you have many things to buy, try The Centre shopping centre in Feltham, a 10-minute drive away which has various supermarkets, a Boots pharmacy, clothing stores and food outlets.
- Tesco: Dukes Green Ave, Feltham TW14 0LH
- Asda: Tilley Rd, Feltham TW13 4BH
- Lidl: New Rd, Feltham TW14 9BG
- Tesco: Bulls Bridge Industrial Estate, Hayes Rd, Hounslow, Southall UB2 5LN
- Aldi: Hospital Rd, Hounslow TW3 3HY
- The Centre shopping centre: 210 High St, Feltham TW13 4GU
Coffee shops near our London location
There are two Costa Coffee outlets near our London campervan hire station if you want to grab something hot to eat or drink before hitting the road.
- Costa Coffee, 717 Southern Perimeter Rd, Hounslow TW6 3FH
- Costa Coffee, Unit B, 507, 511 Staines Rd, Feltham TW14 8EN
- For more choice and to find a bite to eat, drive to The Centre shopping centre in Feltham (210 High St, Feltham TW13 4GU).
Camping near London
If you hire a campervan in London and don’t plan on arriving at your first destination until the next day, here are some handy spots for camping on your first night:
- Cherstsey Camping and Caravanning Club is a 25-minute drive south (65-67 Chertsey Bridge Rd, Chertsey KT16 8JX)
- Wyatts Covert Club Campsite is 45 minutes north (Tilehouse Ln, Denham, Uxbridge UB9 5DH)
- Home Farm Camping and Caravan Park is an hour northwest, near the M40 (Home Farm, City Rd, Radnage, High Wycombe HP14 4DW)
To rent a campervan or motorhome in the UK, you must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid driver’s license for a minimum of one year.
For all UK registered renters, a driver license check is compulsory at the time of pick-up at one of our UK stations in order to be fully covered by our insurance package.
If you are registered in the UK and have more than 6 points on your driving license and/or with specific past driving convictions you will not be able to drive our vehicles.
For this purpose, if you are renting in the UK you will need to provide the following:
- Driving license number
- Address information (As displayed on Driver’s license)
- National Insurance ID
You can enter the required information on the website https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence in advance and generate a check code and show it at the time of pick-up at the station. Please note that this code is only valid for 21 days.
Drivers with a driver’s license from other European countries picking up our vehicles in any UK station are not subject to the driver license check.
You’ll need a VE103 vehicle on hire certificate to show you’re allowed to use a hired or leased vehicle if you’re driving it abroad. Read more on GOV.UK article “Taking a vehicle out of the UK: For Less than 12 months”.
You can get a VE103 for a fee from the:
- British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA)
- RAC Motoring Services
- Road Haulage Association (RHA)
Our campervan rentals in Europe are pet-friendly and can be booked for you and your furry companion. Please note that there is an additional one-time dog fee that needs to be paid during the booking process.
Please remember to bring the following documents when you come to pick up your roadsurfer:
- Identity card or passport of all drivers
- Driving license of all drivers
- VISA or Mastercard (credit or debit) for the deposit (with sufficient funds and please do not forget the PIN). If necessary, payment can also be made by EC card at German stations. You can find more information here.
- If you are a British citizen, you will need to provide a driver license check. Find out more on GOV.UK.