The Early Bird Catches the Best Savings!
Make lifetime memories in 2024! Register now for your Early Bird discount and enjoy the biggest savings and unbeatable prices. Explore new horizons at at one of our new locations or discover the wonders right at home.
Hire the motorhome with a bathroom and a big kitchen
Quadratic, practical, great – this is how we best describe our Road House. With a length of 5,40 m, it is ideal for four people and it offers the amenities of a real motorhome with the freedom of a campervan! This way, you have everything you need for a relaxed trip, even without the services of a campsite
Everyone knows that what really matters is on the inside! Please note that these are example pictures and videos, the layout is the same. The small differences in our Road Houses are because we work with multiple established manufacturers. The brands working on the Road House are: Westfalia, Bürstner, Knaus, Hymer and Weinsberg. You cannot choose the brand – but, we sure, they are all amazing!
Why hire the Road House motorhome?
The Road House is a true space-wonder for plenty of space for 4 people, as both front seats can be rotated to make sure that everyone can be comfortable inside. The sleeping spaces are also great: there are 4 in total and without any need for conversion! It is ideal for those days where you just want to lay down and rest after a long day exploring. The pop-up roof has a lying surface and you can open the roof easily. There is also a fixed bed at the bottom with plenty of storage room underneath. You can camp like you want it thanks to the bathroom and kitchen. All Road Houses have a toilet, shower, sink and a connection for warm water, as well as a kitchen with two gas cookers, a fridge and a sink.
Big living room and 4 sleeping spaces without conversion
Big kitchen interior and a living/dining room
Bathroom with a warm-water shower and a toilet
Standing height space in the motorhome
Extra big storage space in the rear and more compartments inside
Your Road House equipment & features
Technical information, driving and parking
140 hp diesel
Length 5.41 m | Width 2.7 m (with outside mirror) | Height 2.80 m
Always specify the length of 6 metres in case you book a ferry
Rear view camera & pilot parking system in the back
Integrated navigational system
Bluetooth, USB, Radio
Attention: Only 1 child seat possible in the back seat bench
For adjusting the motorhome on uneven terrain
Safety vests, warning triangle, first aid kit, spare tire
Optional bookable equipment
optional bookable equipment
Rear door bike rack for 2 bikes with a warning sign for Italy/Spain
6€ per night
1 additional camping chair
one-time payment of 12,50€ per booking
Additional camping table
one-time payment of 20€ per booking
Car Seat for Children (1-3 & 4-12 year olds)
one-time payment of £ 30.00 per booking
Bed linen 1 person (pillow, sheet, blanket)
one-time payment of £ 25.00 per booking
On the road with the Road House?
If you’re currently travelling with the Travel Home and need assistance, you can find helpful practical tips and video guides on operating your motorhome here.
You will receive a link to your customer account together with your booking confirmation. There, you can view details of your booking, such as the vehicle model, pick-up and drop-off times, and more. Additionally, you can directly adjust the following topics and more.
- Adjust your pick-up and drop-off time
- Retrieve/download your booking confirmation
- Edit or cancel your booking
- Edit and change your driver data
- Change or upgrade your Carefree Package
- Add equipment (bedding, bike rack, camping toilet, etc.)
- View your payments and pay directly
- Check the status of your deposit
- Submit invoices for reimbursement (must be submitted within 7 days after your return)
- View mobility service provider number
- To view the Camper Tutorials, access your customer account and click on the top right-hand corner
Our station locations can vary significantly. Some are centrally located, while others are a bit more on the outskirts. Please check the detail pages of our stations to see the specific location of the station where you have booked your camper. Additionally, you will find tips on how to get there and information about on-site parking options on the individual station pages.
Unfortunately, our locations do not offer secure parking facilities, and parking spaces are often limited or unavailable. However, there might be potential to find parking in nearby residential or commercial areas. For the best option, leave the car at home and use public transportation, or take a taxi to our station is recommended.
Our Carefree Packages cover you in the event of an accident or damage. With the “Basic” package, you already have basic coverage with comprehensive and breakdown insurance included. By upgrading to an “Advanced” or “Complete” package, you can insure yourself against additional types of damage and at the same time reduce your deductible, i.e. the costs you have to pay yourself in the event of damage.
Further details on prices and benefits can be found on our Rates page.
The following basic camping equipment is included in your rental for free:
- Navigation system
- Air conditioning
- Stationary heater
- 1 outdoor camping table
- 2 outdoor camping chairs
- Kitchen Box (with the most important utensils: camping pots and pans, espresso machine, coffee cups, glasses, plates, cutlery for 4 persons, plus plastic children’s crockery, kitchen cutlery, salad bowl, small knife and a folding washbasin)
- 1 brush
- Levelling wedges
- Cable for recharging your camping battery
The individual model features and all extras can be found in the comparison chart of all roadsurfer models. Please note that our vehicles do not have internet or WiFi.
Would you like any extra equipment?
You can rent a variety of camping accessories from roadsurfer. We offer various camping equipment, ranging from roof racks and bike carriers to portable toilets. Just take a look at our equipment page, where we have listed all the extras available for rent.
Please remember to bring the following documents when you come to pick up your roadsurfer camper:
For all UK registered renters, a driver license check is compulsory at the time of pick-up at one of our UK stations in order to be fully covered by our insurance package.
If you are registered in the UK and have more than 6 points on your driving license and/or with specific past driving convictions you will not be able to drive our vehicles.
For this purpose, if you are renting in the UK you will need to provide the following:
- Driving license number
Address information (As displayed on Driver’s license)
National Insurance ID
You can enter the required information on the website GOV.UKin advance and generate a check code and show it at the time of pick-up at the station.
Drivers with a driver’s license from other European countries picking up our vehicles in any UK station are not subject to the driver license check.
If you have a breakdown on the road that restricts your mobility, you can contact the 24/7 mobility service provider around the clock.
- You can find the telephone number of the mobility service provider responsible for your vehicle in your customer account. You will find your personal link to the customer account in the e-mail with your booking confirmation/rental contract. Please note: The mobility service provider will provide assistance in German or English and only in relation to the vehicle’s driving restrictions. If you have questions about the camping functions, you can find help in the Help Centre, because unfortunately the mobility service provider cannot help here!
- Document your breakdown as best you can and note down the incident number of the mobility service provider. Send us everything by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you had an accident or suffered damage on the road, but your camper is running perfectly? Then please proceed as follows:
- Take photos of the damage and the surroundings and send an e-mail with a damage report to email@example.com .
- In case of an accident, please also fill out the international accident report (in the glove compartment) and send it to the email address above.
- Inform the police on site (obligatory, otherwise insurance will not pay!)
To rent a campervan or motorhome in the UK, you must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid driver’s license for a minimum of one year.