The Early Bird Catches the Best Savings!
Make lifetime memories in 2024! Register now for your Early Bird discount and enjoy the biggest savings and unbeatable prices. Explore new horizons at at one of our new locations or discover the wonders right at home.
Motorhome rental for a family of four with small children
Our Family Finca is almost 6 m long and offers 2+2 comfortable sleeping spaces without conversion thanks to it fixed high-roof, a bathroom with a warm water shower and toilet, as well as a spacious kitchen.
Minor differences in our Family Finca’s may occur because we work with several established manufacturers but the layout of all vehicles are the same as the sample pictures and videos. The brands behind the Family Finca are: VW (Grand California) and Knaus (MAN Knaus BoxDrive 600XL).
Your Family Finca model brand is not selectable. But don’t have to worry – the models only differ in appearance and controls, the equipment is the same.
Why hire the Family Finca motorhome?
The Family Finca is the ideal all-year round motorhome for families thanks to it’s fixed, closed high roof. The model also has all-season tires and the stationary heating. Save time and effort thanks to the four integrated sleeping spaces without need of conversion (two on the rear bed and two on the roof bed over the living room). The fixed high roof creates a comfy living room effect and you can stand up and walk comfortably. Independent camping is possible thanks to an integrated bathroom with a warm water shower and a toilet. The Family Finca also has a cold-water shower for exterior use at the beach or for when you need to cool off a bit. The technical equipment includes an automatic system, a Tempomat, GPS, rear camera and parking assistance for a nice drive.
The perfect motorhome for a family of four with small children
2+2 sleeping spaces without conversion, kids’ bed over the living room
Comfortable room feeling and extra standing up space thanks to the fixed high roof
Weather resistant + ideal for the winter (no pop-up roof)
Your Family Finca equipment & features
177 hp diesel / Automatic
Length 5.99 m | Width 2.42 m (with outside mirror) | Height 3.10 m
Always specify the length of 6.70 metres in case you book a ferry
Rear view camera & pilot parking system (front and rear)
Integrated navigational system
Power folding wing-mirrors
Bluetooth, USB, Radio, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
Attention: Only 1 child seat possible in the back seat bench
For adjusting the motorhome on uneven terrain
Safety vests, warning triangle and first aid kit
First registration 2022
Optional bookable equipment
optional bookable equipment
Rear door bike rack for 2 bikes with a warning sign for Italy/Spain
6€ per night
1 additional camping chair
one-time payment of 12,50€ per booking
Additional camping table
one-time payment of 20€ per booking
Car Seat for Children (1-3 & 4-12 year olds)
one-time payment of £ 30.00 per booking
Bed linen 1 person (pillow, sheet, blanket)
one-time payment of £ 25.00 per booking
On the road with the Family Finca?
If you’re currently travelling with the Family Finca and need assistance, you can find helpful practical tips and video guides on operating your motorhome here.
You will receive a link to your customer account together with your booking confirmation. There, you can view details of your booking, such as the vehicle model, pick-up and drop-off times, and more. Additionally, you can directly adjust the following topics and more.
- Adjust your pick-up and drop-off time
- Retrieve/download your booking confirmation
- Edit or cancel your booking
- Edit and change your driver data
- Change or upgrade your Carefree Package
- Add equipment (bedding, bike rack, camping toilet, etc.)
- View your payments and pay directly
- Check the status of your deposit
- Submit invoices for reimbursement (must be submitted within 7 days after your return)
- View mobility service provider number
- To view the Camper Tutorials, access your customer account and click on the top right-hand corner
Our station locations can vary significantly. Some are centrally located, while others are a bit more on the outskirts. Please check the detail pages of our stations to see the specific location of the station where you have booked your camper. Additionally, you will find tips on how to get there and information about on-site parking options on the individual station pages.
Unfortunately, our locations do not offer secure parking facilities, and parking spaces are often limited or unavailable. However, there might be potential to find parking in nearby residential or commercial areas. For the best option, leave the car at home and use public transportation, or take a taxi to our station is recommended.
Our Carefree Packages cover you in the event of an accident or damage. With the “Basic” package, you already have basic coverage with comprehensive and breakdown insurance included. By upgrading to an “Advanced” or “Complete” package, you can insure yourself against additional types of damage and at the same time reduce your deductible, i.e. the costs you have to pay yourself in the event of damage.
Further details on prices and benefits can be found on our Rates page.
The following basic camping equipment is included in your rental for free:
- Navigation system
- Air conditioning
- Stationary heater
- 1 outdoor camping table
- 2 outdoor camping chairs
- Kitchen Box (with the most important utensils: camping pots and pans, espresso machine, coffee cups, glasses, plates, cutlery for 4 persons, plus plastic children’s crockery, kitchen cutlery, salad bowl, small knife and a folding washbasin)
- 1 brush
- Levelling wedges
- Cable for recharging your camping battery
The individual model features and all extras can be found in the comparison chart of all roadsurfer models. Please note that our vehicles do not have internet or WiFi.
Would you like any extra equipment?
You can rent a variety of camping accessories from roadsurfer. We offer various camping equipment, ranging from roof racks and bike carriers to portable toilets. Just take a look at our equipment page, where we have listed all the extras available for rent.
Please remember to bring the following documents when you come to pick up your roadsurfer camper:
For all UK registered renters, a driver license check is compulsory at the time of pick-up at one of our UK stations in order to be fully covered by our insurance package.
If you are registered in the UK and have more than 6 points on your driving license and/or with specific past driving convictions you will not be able to drive our vehicles.
For this purpose, if you are renting in the UK you will need to provide the following:
- Driving license number
Address information (As displayed on Driver’s license)
National Insurance ID
You can enter the required information on the website GOV.UKin advance and generate a check code and show it at the time of pick-up at the station.
Drivers with a driver’s license from other European countries picking up our vehicles in any UK station are not subject to the driver license check.
If you have a breakdown on the road that restricts your mobility, you can contact the 24/7 mobility service provider around the clock.
- You can find the telephone number of the mobility service provider responsible for your vehicle in your customer account. You will find your personal link to the customer account in the e-mail with your booking confirmation/rental contract. Please note: The mobility service provider will provide assistance in German or English and only in relation to the vehicle’s driving restrictions. If you have questions about the camping functions, you can find help in the Help Centre, because unfortunately the mobility service provider cannot help here!
- Document your breakdown as best you can and note down the incident number of the mobility service provider. Send us everything by e-mail to email@example.com.
Have you had an accident or suffered damage on the road, but your camper is running perfectly? Then please proceed as follows:
- Take photos of the damage and the surroundings and send an e-mail with a damage report to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- In case of an accident, please also fill out the international accident report (in the glove compartment) and send it to the email address above.
- Inform the police on site (obligatory, otherwise insurance will not pay!)
To rent a campervan or motorhome in the UK, you must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid driver’s license for a minimum of one year.